Tuesday 30 December 2014

Two.Thousand.And.Fourteen.

What. A. Year. 

It has been incredible! 

There have been so many ups and downs but at the end of it all, all I want to do is thank 2014 for giving me the most amazing year yet. I have done so much, experienced so many new things, met a variety of interesting people, made many new and dear friends, laughed more than I could ever imagine, said so many goodbyes and even more hellos, been more stressed out than ever before, had a few curve balls thrown at me, cried A LOT, had countless adventures, made millions of memories, said more prayers of gratitude than I thought I would ever say, come closer to my Heavenly Father than ever before, given more hugs and kisses to my family and other loved ones than I ever remember giving, rethought my life plan over and over again, thought about the future more than ever, found a future and started my life as an adult. 


I have no idea how to sum up the amount of adventures and stories I have experience this year but I thought I would try to sum up the year 2014 month by month in four bullet points or less. (With a variety of pictures of course). 

Let's see how this goes! 

January
-waited for a reply from BYU
-was accepted at BYU-I!
-went to my school's senior's talent show night
-continued volunteering with local youth clubs

February
-continued to wait for an acceptance letter from BYU
-spread the love on V-day with pink home made sugar cookies 
-spent an adorable Valentine's day at a stake youth dinner night 
(my date was a thirteen year old boy with A lot of pick up lines) 
-finally received an acceptance letter from my dream school!

March
-became obsessed with Disney 
(I'm a Mormon...it's a common attribute)
-dressed up as Princess Leia for World Book Day
-continued to be excited about going to BYU
-started working at the National Forest Adventure Farm

April
-seriously started thinking about my future plans 
(and celebrated that they would be happening!)
-worked for most of spring break
-spent the other half of spring break going on adventures with my family 
-went rock climbing with Spencer for his birthday

May
-went to a McBusted concert with my girls
-celebrated my 18th birthday!
-did my senior thesis for German and French
-went to my first YSA dance 

June
-graduated LDS Seminary
-prepared for finals 
-finished High School
-went to the senior ball

July 
-volunteered at my mom's elementary school
-went on wonderful adventures with my friends
-had a fake graduation ceremony
-attended beehives camp as a counselor


August
-attended EFY for the last time as a participant


-flew 4000 miles across the world with my mom to start my new life 
-went to Ogden Temple open house
-went back to my childhood hometown of Mesa, Arizona
September
-moved into my first apartment

-started my freshman year at Brigham Young University

-went to a single's ward for the first time (it's nothing like the movie)
-went to my first college football game

October
-attended General conference
-experienced homecoming for the first time 
(which included hiking the Y)

-attend my baby brother's baptism's reception via Skype
-did a crazy amount of Halloween related activities and
 dressed up as grapes (best two dollar costume on the block!) 

November
-attended a devotional given by Mitt Romney
- went to a Bastille concert
-saw Utah snow for the first time

-went on the craziest date of my life (and loved every second of it)


December
-got called as Ward Relief Society President
-survived finals
-spent time in Ogden with Matt
-spent my first Christmas away from home in Sand Diego & Mesa 





No comments:

Post a Comment