Thursday 11 December 2014

Remember when I blogged?

Hi, my name is Reilly and I once decided to start a blog to capture my senior year of high school and keep in touch with friends once I went to BYU. That was a terrible decision and promise to myself. 

Well today is the last day of my first semester at BYU. 

How many times did I blog whilst I've been here? 
That's right. A total of zero. 
Do I feel bad? Yes. 
Was I busy? Yes. 
Did I simply have nothing exciting to blog about? No. 

Actually I have way too much to blog about and I have no idea where to start. 
There have been so many highs and lows, from failing my first ever midterm (it's okay... I'm somehow still doing pretty good in that class) to meeting the university's President on many occasions.  Life here has been full of adventures: 
 selfies with President Worthen
 Roadtrips in AZ with my dear sweet momma whom I miss like crazy!
 Sleeping under the stars on basketball courts with newly found friends
 Seeing my inspirational grandparents for the first time in 8 years (note the fact that this was taken at 4 AM and I am extremely tired)
 Trips to IKEA that include having a fake family dinner and laughing too much. 


 True blue foamcoming (the fun part of homecoming: sliding down a giant slip n slide in blue foam)
 Going to general conference
 Living with these wonderful girls (picture taken on first day of orientation= our first roomie selfie)
 Meeting vocal point
recapturing missionary photos with my hall on our first Sunday

Seeing the temple lights for the first time :) 

The last four months have been incredible. I am so blessed to be here and my prayers still start with "I thank thee for giving me the opportunity to learn and grow at BYU". I am so blessed to be here! 

I could have never imagined that I was going to have such an incredible time! Life here is sweet! 

It has not been a picnic being so far away from home with a lot going on across the pond (my dad relapsed but he is on his way to recovery now!) and the stress of college (BYU is hard people... prepare yourselves!) but I would not trade any part of my experience thus far. I love my life right now! 

(More crazy stories, laughs and life lessons to follow soon)

Remember that life is always sweet (sometimes chocolate makes it sweeter) but that Heavenly Father is always looking out for you and definitely has a plan for you. 

Have a great day!

Reilly Michele

 

No comments:

Post a Comment